Sunday, June 10, 2007

The City of Brotherly Love

I'm in Philly for Peace Corps staging and I leave tomorrow for Tanzania via Amsterdam. Everything's falling into place. I can't wait to get to TZ. It hasn't hit me yet that I'm leaving friends, family, and home for two years, but I'm sure it will in a few weeks. I wish there were more time to explore Philly; it seems to be a pretty cool city, at least what I've seen of it. The itinerary is as follows: 10:45 Leave for JFK, 1:30 or 2:00 Get to JFK, 5:45 Fly to Amsterdam, Tuesday A.M. A few hours at the airport in Amsterdam, then off to Dar Es Salaam via Kilimanjaro (refueling). That's it for now. I'll try to post again soon. Sorry it's not the best material, but I'm confident that it'll get better once I'm in TZ. One last thing : I'm using the computer in the basement of the Hampton Inn in Philly and their stock music in the lobby (which I can hear through the open stairwell) is Elvis Costello's "Veronica." Go figure. I'm signing off.