Thursday, October 18, 2007

What's Goin' On

Over the past 2-3 weeks, we have been trying to make our house a bit more comfortable by painting, hanging things on the wall and mostly trying to create some semblance of the home we left in America. Slowly but surely we are making headway. I've posted several pictures that reflect a bit more of what life is like in Kibakwe. There's a photo of me walking on our main road or barabara kubwa with the bus that we take to Mpwapwa in the background (lime green with a kangaroo on the back). The other pictures are of the path from the main road to our house, women carrying water home from our bomba (water pump), a shot of the soko or market where we buy our vegetables, and a couple of the development of our house.




























As you can see, without a fence around our courtyard, all types of livestock find their way into our lives. These goats were just a bit thirsty after a long day of grazing in the African sun. The other animals that frequent our neighborhood are chickens, roosters, guinea fowl, and cows.

1 comment:

no name said...

Antny! Thank you for the pics of your house, I feel like I've been there now. And thanks for the tips about packages, I'll follow them from now on. I'll be assembling another package soonish. Miss you! BTW, your art is happy in my house. I'll send you some of my "art" sometime to hang in your house. :-)